City of Long Beach
North Police Station
Construction Management Services
Long Beach, California
Anser provided construction management services for the construction of this new $6.6M police station located in Scherer Park in north Long Beach, California.
Construction management duties included contract administration, budget and schedule control, document control, coordination of the general contractor for building and site construction, performing materials testing and inspection, and QA survey.
Construction work included over excavation and recompaction of soils beneath the building foot print as well as under all retaining walls, steel erection, masonry wall construction, installation of all mechanical systems, installation of a fuel storage and dispensing facility, site civil improvements, interior/exterior building finishes, street reconstruction, installation of new traffic signals and park improvements.
- Demolition of existing facility
- Police operations building – 22,000 sf
- Ancillary maintenance building – 13,000 sf
- Police fueling facility – (1) 10,000 gal tank
- Radio, microwave, surveillance equipment
- Masonry retaining walls – 1,500 lf
- Asphalt & concrete paving
- Storm drain, sewer, water, electrical & comm. utilities
- Park ADA improvements
- Park structures